5 Key elements of lawn maintenance
If you’re looking for professional lawn maintenance in Chesapeake VA, or any other area across the country, there are some key services they are likely to provide. You can customize a package that includes all, or some of these elements, based on your needs and your budget. Whether you hire someone to do the work, or you do it yourself, here are the main components of a well-maintained lawn.
- Mowing – As a general rule of thumb, lawns should be mowed once per week. Be careful not to mow too short, as this could damage your lawn, turning it brown or grey. Also, if you’re mowing yourself, sharpen your blade at least once per season, to prevent your lawn from looking jagged.
- Weeding – Dandelions are stubborn weeds that will take over your entire lawn if you’re not careful. You can pluck them by hand, or use a weed killing product to treat them. A professional service will use a commercial-grade herbicide to get rid of them.
- Watering – the best time to water your lawn is first thing in the morning, and in the early evening, when the sun is not at its hottest. Use your garden hose, or a sprinkler for about 10-15 minutes each session.
- Fertilizing – A fertilizer will help your grass grow and provide the necessary nutrients to make it as green and healthy as possible. Your professional service company can advise you on what type to apply, and how often.
- Seeding – For bare or brown spots, seeding can help regenerate grass in that particular area. Again, the company you hire to maintain your lawn can advise you on the best seed product depending on your particular needs.
Professional lawn maintenance in Chesapeake VA is a popular choice among homeowners, because it gives them more time to do other things like golfing, swimming, or just relaxing in front of the TV.