5 Tips for Comfortable Dentures in Wichita, KS
A problem many people who wear dentures encounter is extreme discomfort while wearing their dentures. A few issues that are prominent with denture wearer’s include mouth odors, denture stains, poor fit and chewing problems. The following are five useful tips for comfortable dentures in Wichita KS.
1. Soak dentures every night – At the end of every day, it is important to soak your dentures in warm water or a solution made especially for soaking dentures in order to remove bacteria and stains that have built up during the day. Rinse your dentures off completely in the morning before putting them back into place for the day.
2. Have dentures adjusted – Over time, the bones of the mouth can shrink and change shape. This causes dentures that used to fit perfectly to need minor or major adjustments so they once again line up comfortably in the mouth.
3. Use denture adhesive – A common complaint of denture wearers is that their teeth often slip out of place or do not sit firmly during activities like eating and talking. A simple solution for this problem is using denture adhesive, which holds the teeth in place until you remove them at the end of the day.
4. Rinse with antibacterial mouthwash – An unpleasant mouth odor is a common issue for denture wearers, caused by the buildup of bacteria on dentures and in the mouth in general. Apart from soaking dentures every night, an easy way to remedy this issue is to use antibacterial mouthwash before installing and after removing dentures and rinsing the mouth after each meal.
5. Treat dry mouth problems – Issues with dry mouth can lead to denture discomfort because saliva is necessary for the proper suction of dentures to the roof of the mouth. Saliva also helps to lubricate the mouth, preventing irritation and soreness. Stay well hydrated and ask your dentist about treatment options for dry mouth to remedy this problem.
Utilize these five easy to implement tips for Comfortable Dentures in Wichita, KS and make wearing your dentures a more comfortable experience. Do not suffer with denture discomfort for a moment longer than you have to. Consult with a dental professional today to have your dentures examined and adjusted for a more comfortable fit.