Choosing a Dependable Agent for Bail Bond in Oklahoma City
When you’re in the need of a bail bondsman, research is probably the last thing on your mind. You may be tempted to pull out the phone book and call the first name you see, but beware, as not all Bail Bond Companies are created equal. With so many companies offering Bail Bond in Oklahoma City, there are a few questions you should ask to ensure you’re doing business with an honest and dependable bail bondsman.
- Is the agent licensed in Oklahoma? All Bail Bond agents are licensed and regulated by the state of Oklahoma. A quick search on the Oklahoma Insurance Department website at https://sbs-ok.naic.org/Lion-Web/jsp/sbsreports/AgentLookup.jsp can help you avoid disaster.
- How long has the agency been in business? An experienced bail bond agent will know the courts and jails. They know how to make the posting bond process go quickly and smoothly.
- How quickly can bond be posted? Trouble can occur day or night, and you don’t want your loved one to sit in jail any longer than they have to. A dependable bond agent will have an organized system to make sure posting bond goes as quickly. They will be available any time of day, and work with you to establish a plan for posting bond as soon as possible.
- What are the payment terms? Bail rates are regulated by law, but the payment terms can vary widely from agent to agent. Discuss your payment options with the agent. Do they accept credit cards or offer 0% financing? A trustworthy agent will go over all your payment options in simple terms before posting bond.
- What happens after the bond is posted? Many times, a bond agent is required to appear in court with you. Will your bond agent be available and stay in constant contact with your throughout the entire process?
Most people do not know the details of the Bail Bond in Oklahoma City business until they receive a phone call asking for help from a panicked friend or loved one. Asking a few simple question can make it easier for you to find a trustworthy and honest bail bond agent you can depend on. A reputable agent will ensure your loved one receives the treatment they deserve.