Fun Facts About Chiropractors in Maple Valley WA
Chiropractic care is a very popular form of medical practice. Those who benefit from the specialty are many and there are those who swear by it. For those who are curious about Chiropractors in Maple Valley WA, here are some fun facts about the profession and its history.
Neat Historical Facts
- The term chiropractic finds its origins in Ancient Greece. It is actually a combination of two Grecian words, those being “cheir” which means hand and “praktos” which means “performed by hand.” That is a very fitting term, indeed.
- The very first chiropractic treatment on record dates back to 1895. It was performed by Daniel David Palmer on a janitor by the name of Harvey Lillard. Mr. Lillard had suffered an accident 17 years prior that cost him his hearing and the adjustment that Palmer performed brought it back. A truly amazing first start to the profession that would go on to help so many.
The Facts & Figures
- A chiropractic student who is enrolled in a 4-year doctoral graduate program must complete a combined 4200 hours of lab time, classroom time, and internships in chiropractic clinics. All of these hours put together equate to 175 straight days of learning time. That’s a lot of learning.
- It is estimated that there are just over 95,000 chiropractic doctors practicing in the United States. There are an additional 10,000 chiropractic students currently enrolled in schools waiting to graduate and become professional Chiropractors in Maple Valley WA.
The Popularity Of The Practice
- Every team in the NFL has their own chiropractor on staff to help players with musculoskeletal strains and to increase their overall wellness. The chiropractor works on the team members exclusively and travels with them on the road.
- People of all ages can benefit from chiropractic care, including infants. Since the very act of childbirth places an incredible strain on the baby’s body, the adjustments can offer much relief to the little ones. They are recognized as being perfectly safe.
Chiropractic care is very popular and is certainly here to stay. Now that these neat facts have been mentally digested, why not schedule an appointment and get an adjustment as well?