The Right Credentials for a Tax Preparer in NYC

Contrary to popular belief, you don’t have to be a super wealthy individual to need somebody to help you with your taxes. With as complicated is the current tax code is and with thousands of additions being made to the tax code every year, even a simple 1040 form can be complicated for the average taxpayer. That’s why if you’re facing a situation where your taxes are too complicated or perhaps you don’t have time to handle your personal taxes, you may want to consider contacting a professional Tax Preparer in NYC.

When you begin looking around for a Tax Preparer in NYC, you’re going to find many different options and you need to be very careful about who you choose to do your taxes. You see, there are certain qualifications that need to be met in order for you to ensure that your taxes are done by a professional. For example, when it comes to qualifications, you will need to look for a tax preparer that is either an Enrolled Agent (EA), a CPA or an attorney.

An enrolled agent is somebody who is registered with the IRS to prepare taxes. Most people know that a CPA is a certified public accountant and of course there’s attorneys as well. The reason why these qualifications are so important isn’t just because these people will typically have experienced in preparing taxes. You see, if problems arise with your tax return, these types of professionals are the only ones that the IRS permits to represent you should there be any problems with your tax returns. That’s why from an experience standpoint as well as the potential of having to answer to the IRS, certain qualifications for a tax preparer in NYC are vital.

Nobody likes to think about having problems with their tax returns. That’s why you want to use experienced individuals with the proper credentials and the proper training. However, in the event something does go awry with your tax returns, you’ll want someone who is eligible and experienced representing you regardless of the amount of scrutiny given to your current tax return by the Internal Revenue Service.

Follow Us:

Author: hubartadmin

Share This Post On