Things To Consider When Looking For A Reliable Roofer
If the roof on your home sustains damage during a storm or should your roof have reached the point where it needs to be replaced then you are going to deal with hiring a roofer in Aurora. To help you avoid headaches and unnecessary expenses there are a few important tips that you should consider taking into account.
One of the best places to start in your quest for a good roofer is at the local builders supply. The people who work in these supply stores are constantly involved in filling orders for roofing materials, as result they get to know the roofers. These people are a tremendous resource when it comes to names, they can point out who might be best based on the volume of material purchased; they also can tell you which roofer specializes in the type of roof on your home. Once you have gathered the names of a few companies that seem to have a good reputation you can easily check their credentials by contacting the trade associations they are members of.
Once you develop a short list a few candidates, you need to go through a stringent process to ensure you are hiring the best roofer in Aurora for your job.
* Ensure that the company is licensed and bonded, don’t hesitate to ask for documentary proof of this, also find out what industry affiliations they have.
* Check to see that they have workers compensation and liability insurance, this is a must. Roofing is a dangerous job and unfortunately accidents do happen even though the roofer is aware of the safety aspects of the job. Your homeowners insurance will not cover this; if the roofer is not insured then do not consider the company.
* Make sure the company has a fixed location with an office and a yard for materials and equipment. Especially after a storm which has caused significant damage to roofs, many unskilled characters hang about the affected neighborhood looking for work. If the company has a fixed physical location, they are legitimate, if not, they probably are not.
* Ask how they go about cleaning up and disposing of material. You will want to have a roofer in Aurora that not only knows his job, but is environmentally conscious, disposing of the rubble properly.
* Does the company provide a detailed proposal, outlining everything that they are going to do and is it accompanied by a breakdown of the costs? When you have a detailed proposal, you can easily make comparisons with what is being offered by other candidates.
Once you get responsible answers to these questions, you are in a good position to hire the best roofer in Aurora.
Showalter Roofing Service, Inc has been providing excellent service and quality since 1979. For a roofer in Aurora that has built their reputation on honesty, integrity and quality, you can’t beat Showalter.