Weird Facts About Teeth To Learn Before Visiting A Family Dentist in Vancouver WA
While visiting the dentist on a regular basis is not exactly at the top of anyone’s “must do” list, it is still necessary to maintain great dental hygiene. To a bit of levity and fun to the pre-dentist jitters someone may be suffering, this article presents some truly weird and interesting facts to consider before visiting the Family Dentist in Vancouver WA.
Fun Facts Set One
- Can you guess what the hardest part of the human body is? If the answer was the skull, well, unfortunately, that answer is wrong! That’s right, the hardest part of the human body is actually the enamel on a person’s teeth. This does not mean the person should start removing bottle caps with their teeth, however.
- A person starts growing their teeth before they have even left their mother’s womb. What is known as “milk teeth” start to form while the baby is in the womb of their mother? They do not push through the gums until the ages of about 6 to 12 months.
- Humans use 4 different types of teeth to consume their food. These teeth are known as incisors, molars, canines, and pre-molars. Along these lines, humans also have only two sets of teeth during the course of their entire lives. Once the baby teeth are lost and the permanent teeth take their place, it is important that they are well taken care of by a Family Dentist in Vancouver WA.
Fun Facts Set Two
- Teeth can be used as identification. That’s right, just like fingerprints, forensic experts can be used to identify people by certain patterns inherent with their teeth.
- While saliva seems gross, it is a very necessary substance to have in your mouth. The average person generates approximately 25,000 quarts of the bodily fluid over the course of their lifetime. It is crucial in the process of digestion and in protecting the teeth from harmful bacteria which can reside in the mouth.Hopefully, these fun and weird facts were as much fun to read as they were to write. When needing to visit a dentist for a regular check-up or even something a bit more complex, why not try the fine folks at Lewis Family Dentistry? They can make sure the visit to the dentist is as enjoyable as possible. You can also connect them on Facebook.