A Spousal Support Attorney Can Help You Obtain What You Deserve in a Divorce Settlement
Several factors must be examined in order to receive permanent spousal support in California. The court enjoys a great deal of latitude in establishing the alimony. Therefore, if you are having trouble resolving a support issue, you need to contact and consult with an attorney immediately.
What a Court Considers When Establishing Support
When a court considers the establishment of spousal support, it looks at the following criteria:
- The earning capacity of each of the involved parties as evidenced by marketable skills and the extent of each party’s earning capacity.
- The extent to which each of the parties contributed to career education.
- The capacity of each of the parties to pay spousal support in terms of each of the party’s earning ability, assets, earned and unearned income, and regular standard of living.
- The requirements of the parties based on the standard of living set during the time of the marriage.
- The assets and debts, including separate property, of each of the parties.
- The length of the marriage.
- The ability of the party requesting support to work in a job while caring for dependent children.
- The age and health of each of the parties.
Obtain More Details from an Attorney
The court also considers any documentation regarding domestic violence. Criminal records are regarded as well. Again, you need to speak to a spousal support attorney to obtain further details about this part of a divorce settlement.
Deciding on the Length of the Support
In addition, the duration of any spousal support is also decided by the court. While the circumstances may differ from one case to the next, courts normally will not favor the idea of granting spousal support for a lifetime. That is why you need to talk to a spousal support attorney about your particular case.
You can gain further insight about his issue when you contact Company Name at Law in Torrance, California. Located at 2276 Torrance Boulevard, the office can be reached by phoning 123-328-6650. You can pay a visit to Facebook page for more information!