Child Custody in Bisbee: Best Interest of The Child

Having to establish Child custody in Bisbee and visitation arrangements after getting a divorce or some other type of legal separation is one of the most difficult things that a parent has to do. This is because despite being the mother or father of a child you only have so much say in where the child goes. It is up to the judge to give the final say regarding custody and visitations based on what they believe is the best interest of the child. This is why it is important for you to have a lawyer that can argue why it is in the best interest of the child to remain with you.

What Does The Best Interest of The Child Mean?

The best interest of the child is going to vary based on a number of things. If the child is over the age of 12, the judge is going to take what the child wants into account. The judge is going to look at the health, gender, and age of the child. Then, the judge will look at the health, lifestyle, and living conditions each parent has to offer. It is always in the best interest of the child to be placed in a stable environment with people who love them.

What Kinds of Custody Arrangements Are There?

When you are fighting for Child custody in Bisbee you are going to be fighting for two different types. Legal custody gives you the right to make all decisions about the raising and upbringing of your child. This includes the child’s education, medical needs, religion, and discipline. Physical custody gives you the right for the child to live with you. If both parents are fit to be parents it is not uncommon for joint custody to be awarded. Legal joint custody is more common than physical joint custody because having a stable home does not mean being moved between two houses all the time. If one parent is unfit for any reason, the judge may decide to award sole custody to the parent that is fit.

If you are not given physical custody of your child, you will still be getting reasonable visitation rights. You need a lawyer from a law firm such as Law Offices of Joseph Mendoza to help you fight for custody.

Follow Us:


Share This Post On