Guide to Choosing the Right Bath in Pittsburgh
Are you remodeling your bathroom? Are you adding a new bathtub to your home? You will find that there are various options to choose from. Finding the perfect bath in Pittsburgh can be challenging if you don’t have anything specific in mind. The following guidelines will help you narrow down your choices and ensure that you make the right choice for you.
1. Consider the different types
There are bathtubs that are all about function i.e. cleaning up. There are others that are more about indulgence. The primary use of the tub should dictate the type of tub you select for your household. There are various types to choose from including:
- Standard tubs for cleaning functions. They don’t have any special features.
- Whirlpool tubs that can produce whirlpools for a therapeutic message. Many whirlpool tubs also have various other special features.
- Walk in tubs to make it easy to get into the tub. These are ideal for those with mobility concerns.
- Soaking tubs for submerging yourself when you need a soak. These are extra-deep to ensure that the bather’s body is fully submerged.
It is important to consider the amount of money you have available to spend on your bathtub. If you’re not sure about the cost of a bathtub, you can check with your local hardware store or online. Estimate how much you will need for the purchase of the tub and its installation. Be sure to stick to this budget. This will help you narrow down your choices to a specific price range.
It is important to consider the method of installation required for the bath. Ensure that you select a bathtub that will work best for the space available. You will have various installation choices available to you including:
- Platform installation: This works well for whirlpool baths. The bathtub is installed into a deck that is built in an enclosure.
- Alcove: this is often used for rectangular baths that are adjacent to three walls.
- Undermount: this is similar to the platform installation. The only difference is that the rim of the bath is covered by the deck.
- Freestanding: these baths stand on the floor of the bathroom.
You will also have a variety of materials to select from including:
- Fiberglass gelcoat
- Cultured marble
- Cast iron
- Porcelain on steel
Consider the benefits and disadvantages of each material and select that which works best for you.
Click here to see more options for baths in Pittsburgh.